What you need to know
We are currently seeking a Financial Control Accountant for our client, an investment bank, based in Limerick.
This role will work as part of a team which is responsible for completing financial control processes, report production, timely issue resolution and providing adhoc support as required to the EMEA regional finance teams. The team will also be responsible for the production of the monthly management accounts, completing the month end close process, regulatory returns and the statutory accounts production for a number of regulated legal entities.
This is a 12-month contract position.
Your new job
Key duties & responsibilities:
- Complete the daily accounting, administration and oversight to support the financial accounts production process for a number of legal entities.
- Complete the production of the monthly management accounts for a number of legal entities.
- Maintain and improve internal controls ensuring there is appropriate supporting detail to substantiate the balance sheet.
- Produce monthly reconciliations and ensure all documentation and accounting is completed in line with corporate requirements and policies.
- Produce month end analytics and trend data to assist with the review and validation of financial results.
- Assist with the statutory financial statements and audit processes.
- Complete annual regulatory returns and reports.
- Input to the preparation of Board papers.
- Respond to and resolve queries on a timely basis from the Business, Finance colleagues and Head Office as they arise.
- Work with the EMEA Financial Control team to recommend and implement standardised process improvements identified in day to day activities.
- Provide technical input to systems and business process projects as required.
- Participate in group-wide finance initiatives.
- Work with Finance teams in other EMEA locations.
What are we looking for?
- Qualified accountant (preferable ACA / ACCA) with at a number of years PQE in a multi-currency financial services environment
- Experienced background in a corporate financial control environment with a sound knowledge of accounting, reporting and financial control requirements as well as statutory and audit requirements
- Experience in dealing with stakeholders across multiple locations
- Experience of US GAAP and IFRS
- Advanced level of IT skills notably MS office (Word, Excel, Powerpoint, Visio)
We Value Your Trust.