Matrix Recruitment is working with our client based in Co. Westmeath to recruit an Experienced Commercial Accountant on a permanent job. This is a new job within the company and you will be working across all divisions within the Group. It’s a great opportunity for an Accountant looking to make a move towards operations. Don’t miss out.
As Commercial Accountant your purpose is to work closely with the Group Managing Director to ensure effective delivery of the company objectives through provision of quality financial analysis and decision support. You will be required to support the preparation of detailed financial forecasts and plans and accurately report company financial performance against targets.
- Take a lead role in target setting and performance management to enable delivery of the business objectives. Proactively use information generated to challenge and influence local management teams across the group.
- Influence and coordinate the development of strategic plans, budgets and forecasts.
- Coordinate and manage projects across the group.
- Provide support to all investment cases.
- Responsible for review process, budgeting and forecasting.
- Identify cost reduction and efficiency initiatives to help current year and projected financial forecast effect.
- Facilitate the integration of forward planning projections.
- Work closely with management to identify commercial opportunities that might help form business cases / investment proposals.
- Ensure engagement with operational teams across the group both within and outside to learn and implement best practice.
Desired Skills and Experience:
- Recognised accountancy qualifications (ACA, ACCA, and CIMA) or Masters in Accounting & Finance.
- A minimum of 2 years PQE in manufacturing finance.
- Financial and Management Accounting background.
- Experience in analysing financial data.
- Strong commercial background
- Excellent analytical skills and numerical ability
- Superb communication skills with the ability to influence and engage at all levels
- Ability to problem solve and work in a fast paced environment.
- Highly Motivated with high level of proficiency in MS suite
- Travel will be required in this role.
- Confident self-starter who is assertive and focused.
Call Breda for more information on this job.