What you need to know
You will work as the ER / HR Specialist for our client, a highly successful and established food manufacturing company in the Midlands.
You will be responsible for providing HR support to three sites and coordinating with the HR Director on ER / IR cases. You will work alongside the Human Resource team and report into the HR Director.
This is a permanent job.
Your new job
Key duties & responsibilities:
- The main point of contact to support managers with HR activities such as recruitment, performance management, succession planning, disciplinaries & grievances.
- Collaborate with the regional HR team on policies & procedures.
- Train, develop coach managers on HR-related tasks, ensuring employees and managers utilising the HR systems in place.
- Collaborate with the HR Director on all ER issues/cases, supporting the director in all aspects of the process.
- Ensure the company is acting in line with employment legislation & industry regulations.
- Build positive relationships with employees, managers, Unions, Ibec and other external advisors.
- Communicate key ER strategies and proactively handle ER issues.
- The main point for contact for ER / IR issues for the three sites.
- The HR representative for the lean manufacturing team meetings.
- Assist the sites with permit applications/visa’s as required for new starters.
- Work on ad-hoc HR projects.
What are we looking for?
- HRM Masters/Degree or Employment Law Qualification or related discipline.
- 3-5yrs HRBP / Senior HR Generalist experience.
- Member of CIPD.
- Knowledge of employment legislation & regulations.
- Previous experience coordinating with unions or working in an unionised environment from an HR perspective.
- Excellent communication skills – written & verbal.
- Ability to work independently or as part of a team.
- Strong negotiating skills.
- Previous experience working with senior stakeholders.
- Full, clean driving license as the flexibility to travel to various sites is required.
- Previous ER Specialist / ER Consultant experience.
- Knowledge of the food manufacturing sector.
- Experience in a lean manufacturing organisation.
- To have worked with Ibec and solicitors on ER / IR cases.
Apply for this job now or get in touch with Áine on 090 64 90485.
Please note that due to the expected high volume of applications we can only reply to applicants suitable for the position. In the interest of protecting your data and informing you of your rights we will notify you should we retain your information by issuing an acknowledgment email and a request for consent where not already expressly given.
We Value Your Trust.