What you need to know
I have an exciting R&D EO Engineer opportunity with a Tullamore based organisation who provide contract sterilization services and technologies to the Medical Device and Pharmaceutical industries.
This is a permanent job that comes with an excellent growth potential and work with an organisation that will give you the platform to really make a name for yourself in the industry.
If you’re the type that’s naturally inquisitive, are willing to share their opinion and isn’t afraid to question the status quo, then this is the job you should be applying for!
Your new job
Reporting to Senior Director of Global Technology, you will play a key role in the Research and Development of Ethylene Oxide Sterilization processes. You will be predominantly be managing and performing scientific research, development and evaluation of the EO Sterilization process.
There will be particular focus on the inactivation of microorganisms and the assessment of the key characteristics of the EO process e.g. vacuums; EO concentration; cycle time; sterilant penetration.
This role requires someone who can work collaboratively with colleagues across the site, whilst also being able to represent the organisation both internally and externally. Therefore, the ability to develop and build professional relationships with stakeholders and customers is essential.
Key duties & responsibilities:
- Operation of EO R&D sterilizer and development of SOPs
- Establish standard cycle processes that are adapted to meet the needs of product requirements
- Testing of the microbiological efficacy of EO process through the development and execution of D-value studies to calculate the process lethality,
- Scientific examination of EO+ process and comparison to 100% EO processes
- Use of Statistical Process Control and cycle data for Process Release
- Management of Process Inputs and Process Systems
- Provide training and technical support to the EO Tech Team
What are we looking for?
- Degree or higher in Microbiology or Biochemistry
- Sterilization experience is highly advantageous
- Someone naturally inquisitive and not afraid to question the way things are done
- Able to complete statistical and data analysis using statistical tools such as MS Excel
- Demonstration of high level of mathematical skills & technical competence for problem solving
- Ability to adapt to changing duties and responsibilities
Apply for this job now or get in touch with Gareth on 090 6490485.
Please note that due to the expected high volume of applications we can only reply to applicants suitable for the position. In the interest of protecting your data and informing you of your rights we will notify you should we retain your information by issuing an acknowledgement email and a request for consent where not already expressly given.
We Value Your Trust.