What you need to know:
Matrix Recruitment Group are currently recruiting for an Environmental Technician for our client, a service provider based in Kilkenny.
You will work within the Environmental Department and will report to the Head Engineer.
This is a 6-month contract role with the possibility of future opportunity.
Key duties & responsibilities:
- Preparation of monitoring strategies for rivers and lakes and implementation of same
- Sampling, monitoring and analysis of wastewater treatment facilities
- Monitoring/surveying of waste management facilities including recycling, compositing, transfer stations and landfill
- Investigation of environmental (Air, Noise & Water) pollution incidents, evaluation, and reporting
- Waste, drinking water, wastewater and surface water sampling and analysis
- Compilation and submission of water/wastewater sampling results to EPA and Irish Water
- Work closely with the EPA in relation to water and wastewater treatment system inspections/audits and subsequent follow ups
- Investigating and dealing with water/wastewater customer queries or complaints
- Serving statutory notices in relation to breaches of water/wastewater legislation and where necessary assisting with prosecutions
- Promote and implement required health & safety standards
- Assist in preparation of technical and Annual Environmental Reports
What are we looking for?
- Completed National Certificate Final Exam in Civil Engineering, Geo-surveying, Construction Studies or hold an equivalent qualification in Science/Agricultural Science
- Minimum 3 years post qualification experience within a similar role
- Knowledge of Environmental and Waste Management Legislation
- Awareness of IT Networks and GIS platforms
- Excellent communication skills both verbal and written
- Strong IT experience – word, excel, emails etc.
- Have a strong sense of problem solving and innovation
- Team player who has the ability to work on your own initiative
Apply for this job now or get in touch with Roisin Ahern at email@example.com
Please note that due to the expected high volume of applications we can only reply to applicants suitable for the position. In the interest of protecting your data and informing you of your rights we will notify you should we retain your information by issuing an acknowledgement email and a request for consent where not already expressly given.
We Value Your Trust.