We are currently recruiting for the position of Health Safety & Environmental Officer for our client, a large construction company in the Midlands. This is a permanent position and an immediate requirement.
Your new job
· Promote Health and Safety in all departments throughout the factory to comply with ISO 18001.
· Ensure that all Health and Safety safe operating procedures, rules and regulations are adhered to and reviewed, updated and communicated to all employees.
· Ensure the factory meets its statutory obligation in all areas pertaining to health, safety and welfare at work, including statutory training and reporting.
· Ensure that safety inspections are carried out, fire drills are carried out periodically
· Conduct risk assessments, review and update existing risk assessments.
· Deliver inductions and other trainings if required.
· Support any investigations into near misses, accidents, identify root causes and implement changes to prevent reoccurrences.
· Generate monthly performance reports on EH&S KPI’s.
· Ensure all contractors are managed according to The Client EH&S requirements.
· Prepare RAMS for projects and managing H&S on projects
· Manage the online tools for monitoring training, contractors and incident reporting.
What are we looking for?
· Third level qualification or Diploma in Health and Safety essential
· 2-3 years EHS officer experience required
· Excellent knowledge of Irish H&S Legislation
· Strong communication and interpersonal skills
· Proficient in MS Office
· Experience in the manufacturing/Construction industry
· Vast experience of carrying out audits
· Manual Handling/ Abrasive Wheel train the trainer
· Previous ‘Lean’ experience
Please note that due to the expected high volume of applications we can only reply to applicants suitable for the position. In the interest of protecting your data and informing you of your rights we will notify you should we retain your information by issuing an acknowledgement email and a request for consent where not already expressly given.
We Value Your Trust.