What you need to know
Matrix Recruitment Group are currently recruiting for an Environmental Officer for our client, a well established food company based in Waterford.
This is a permanent role.
Your new job
- Ensure Laboratory testing plans are carried out according to the schedule and IPPC licence.
- Interpretation of laboratory results and present in graph format.
- Co-ordinate and participate in proficiency testing programme.
- Assist with, or conduct, environmental sampling including ground water, surface water, raw/process and final effluent.
- Daily visual examination of the storm water and weekly verification of the conductivity readings on the chart recorder.
- Drive and implement the Environmental Management System in line with the IPPC licence, origin green initiative and ISO 14001.
- Update the EMS on an annual basis.
- Implement schedule of objectives and targets and Environmental Management Programme. Review on an annual basis.
- Prepare and submit reports to the EPA as required e.g. AER/Bi annual report/PRTR.
- Verify completion of records by Maintenance and Effluent plant Operatives
- Investigate Environmental Complaints.
- Waste management reporting
- Resource consumption reporting
- Facilitate with the Calibration Programme for the effluent plant.
- Ensure Environmental Objectives and Targets are set for the company, continued measurement of same to ensure objectives and targets are attainable.
- Perform Quality related duties at start up and shut down such as pre op inspection/operational sanitation inspections/facilitate in the antibiotic testing programme/HACCP inspection checks/Brine positive release/sampling for the salmonella control programme.
- Participate in site Internal audits such as glass/pre HACCP GMP audits and system audits.
What are we looking for?
- Third level Degree in Environmental Science. A food related discipline will also be considered if relevant environmental experience
- At least 1 years experience in an environmental role
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to work as part of team and on own initiative
- Previous experience with Environmental Management System would be an advantage
- Apply for this job now via the link below
We Value Your Trust.