What you need to know
We are currently seeking an Enterprise Risk Director for our multinational client in the funds industry based in Dublin City Centre.
Purpose of this role:
As the Risk Director, you will be responsible for the development and ongoing management of an enterprise-wide strategy for managing risk that overlays the organization’s individual operational, strategic, market, credit, business and information risk strategies, among others. You will also lead efforts to develop and implement a large number of highly complex projects focused on the creation of an enterprise-wide risk management framework that establishes policies, protocols and procedures for aggregating and analyzing risk data, assessing risk data and developing, recommending and implementing improvements.
This is a 4-month contract, but the role may have longer term opportunities.
Your new job
Key duties & responsibilities:
- Responsible for overseeing and managing all enterprise risks from a 2nd line of defence perspective
- Ensure risk appetite statements are complete, refreshed annually, and metrics are monitored and reported appropriately
- Overseeing the identification, assessment and reporting of risks for the regulated entities through the Material Risk Identification process
- Work with the local and regional Line of Business Risk and Business teams to ensure full 2LoD oversight and framework implementation from a business line perspective
- Identify, schedule and deliver the risk related legal entity requirements
- Work with the EMEA Capital Planning team and local senior leadership legal entity teams to ensure that capital plans are delivered on time to the appropriate Irish legal entity Boards for approval and implementation
- Ensure the Enterprise Risk and Operational Risk Management Frameworks are fully implemented across the Irish subsidiaries and Lines of Business and support the 1st line of defence in embedding the frameworks and provide 2nd line oversight and challenge
- Routine & ad hoc investigation & reporting to legal entity governing bodies on risk exposures relative to risk appetite and ensure risks inherent in proposed business strategy, significant transactions, client business and other decisions are consistent with the governing body’s risk appetite
- Provide senior support to LoB Risk teams and to 1LoD on line of business related issues which may include, for example, risk framework tool updates, risk assessments, risk identification reviews, controls environment reviews, operational resiliency, participation in line of business governance meetings, etc
- Respond to and fully own all applicable risk related regulatory findings/queries and any associated remediation work
- Attend legal entity Board and Risk Committee meetings as required and ensure all Management Information is targeted, informative, relevant and timely
What are we looking for?
- Strong background in risk management, notably the implementation and embedding of risk frameworks and related tools
- Fund related experience strongly preferred, eg fund management, fund servicing and operations, fund risk management etc
- Experience at participating in senior governance fora, and senior level engagement with internal and external stakeholders, including regulatory bodies
- The ideal candidate will be a team builder, team player, motivator and a strong and proven leader
- A self-starter, self-motivated, self-disciplined, self-assured, and performance driven
- Strategic as well as pragmatic, with an ability to generate trust and build alliances across businesses, business partners, functional lines, legal entities and across the EMEA region
- Demonstrates the highest standards of professional ethics and integrity
- Makes sound, well-informed, and objective decisions that support accomplishment of organisational goals
We Value Your Trust.