What you need to know
Our client is a highly successful engineering contractor who provide high value engineering services to blue-chip companies in the pharmaceutical, data centre and distribution sectors. They are currently recruiting for Graduate Engineers – Mechanical and Electrical. These roles will be based in North Dublin.
This is a permanent role.
- Collate all design documents and drawings
- Attend project Handover Meetings
- Evaluate value engineering or cost saving opportunities
- Preparation of co-ordinated drawings covering all aspects of the installation including mechanical, electrical sprinkler, structural and architectural elements
- Review and understand project design specifications and drawings and access compliance of co-ordinated drawings and technical submittals.
- Assist in the production of weekly progress reports
- Assist in the compilation and assessment of Technical Submittals.
- Processing requisitions, generation of purchase orders.
- Receipt verification (RV) of equipment and materials arriving on site.
- Seek to clarify queries with the design team through the request for information (RFI) system.
- Understand the commercial fundamentals of a project including profit plans, potential variation logs and take offs’ etc
- Liaise and co-ordinate with members of the design team, contractors and in-house project team on technical and commercial issues.
- Attend technical meetings with members of the design team, contractors, and in-house project team
- Carry out document control, recording & transmitting information utilising File Key.
- Prepare method statements and risk assessments for production activities
- Organise and assess the work of sub-contractors.
- Carry out Quality Control through inspections and snagging including walking down of P&ID’s, and layout drawings.
- Population of test packs and tracking of same
What are we looking for
- Have a minimum of a third level qualification in a relevant field
- At least 12 months experience, while not essential, is a distinct advantage
- Be enthusiatic, energetic with a desire to progress your career
- Possess excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to successfully manage stakeholder relationships.
- Possess excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Have strong information management, analytical and numerical skills with a high level of attention to detail.
- Be a team player and capable of working independently and on own initiative.
- Be well-organised, highly self-motivated and capable of multi-tasking in a fast-paced, pressurised environment.
Apply for this job now or get in touch with Joanne on 01 4690901.
We Value Your Trust.