What you need to know
We are currently seeking an EMEA Compliance Testing Consultant for our client, a global financial services company. This role will be based in Limerick (remote for the moment).
This role will be responsible for execution of the testing program and independently planning and executing of specific reviews, identifying issues and underlying root-cause analysis, agreeing solutions and communicating findings effectively, both orally and in writing.
This is a 12-month contract position with some possibility of extension.
Your new job
Key duties & responsibilities:
- Independently establish the appropriate scope and test steps for individual reviews
- Conduct and document testing reviews to assess compliance with and adherence to regulations/legislation and internal policies
- Engage with Compliance SMEs to understand any matters for concern related to applicable reviews
- Follow established EMEA and Global policies, procedures and standards for testing activities
- Apply analytical skills to review information and determine potential weaknesses or exceptions to policies / processes
- Validate and summarise testing results in clear, concise language
- Detect and advise Compliance and Business Unit management of potential compliance issues and identify changes and/or enhancements to improve efficiencies in procedures
- Tracking of identified issues to closure via periodic follow up with action owners
- Validation testing to ensure actions have been adequately closed
- Develop relationships with Internal Audit to coordinate testing efforts and share results
- Conduct meetings with business unit partners and management to discuss testing results and where applicable challenge management responses
- Support the Regional Manager with ad hoc tasks
- Work effectively as an individual contributor as well as in a team environment
- Develop strong relationships with the first, second and third lines of defence
What are we looking for?
- Proven experience related to compliance, compliance testing/monitoring or auditing
- Knowledge of UK and/or EU regulations and key regulatory developments would be an advantage
- Highly motivated individual who has a proven record of using initiative to resolve problems
- Analytical ability to identify and understand problems as well as to provide effective solutions
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Attention to detail
- Confidence and expertise to advise and challenge senior management and the business
- Ability to make decisions on their own and also to be a team player and effective communicator to ensure that issues are appropriately resolved
- Ability to deal effectively with multiple competing deadlines
Please apply using a CV in Microsoft Word format, thank you.
Please note that due to the expected high volume of applications we can only reply to applicants suitable for the position. In the interest of protecting your data and informing you of your rights we will notify you should we retain your information by issuing an acknowledgement email and a request for consent where not already expressly given.
We Value Your Trust.