What you need to know
You will work as an Electronics/Software Design Engineer for our client based in the Carlow region for their New Product Development Department.
This is a long term contract job
Your new job
Key duties & responsibilities:
- Capable of evolving a design from early-stage prototype through to full commercialisation.
- Draft/develop requirement specifications.
- Deliver/support with Proof of Concepts focusing on any uncertain design aspects/features.
- Develop detailed design outputs, including schematics, bills of materials, PCB gerber, software programs.
- Prototype board bring-up, test and debug.
- Draft test protocols as part of design verification activities, execute any testing and produce test reports.
- Support with Transfer to Production activities, e.g. test and inspection plans, equipment validation, SOP/work instruction development.
- Manage change control within the product lifecycle.
- Identify design improvements and value engineering opportunities.
- Participate in field deployments of prototype/pilot devices.
- Attend design reviews and project technical progress meetings.
What are we looking for?
- Degree in Electronic Engineering.
- 5 years experience in a similar role- Product Development Engineering.
- Experience delivering design projects, evolving a design from prototype to full commercialisation.
- Delivering design outputs to industry standards.
- Experience in:
- electronic circuit design and fabrication,
- microprocessor programming,
- software coding,
- systems design and integration,
- systems troubleshooting/validation.
- Experience in delivering control software for electromechanical drive systems will be a strong advantage.
- Experience with EAGLE EDA application a bonus.
Apply for this job now by sending your CV to Patricia.
We Value Your Trust.