What you need to know
You will work as an Electrical Quantity Surveyor for our client, an established Engineering company in Dublin.
As the Electrical Quantity Surveyor, you will be working across various contracts ensuring the maximum commercial benefit for the company and will entail a cradle to grave delivery from tender stage through to final accounts and all-encompassing duties in between.
This is a permanent position.
Your new job
Key duties & responsibilities:
- Skilled and budgeting, reporting, developing BOQ’s, profit plans.
- Undertake and manage interim commercial meetings with the Client and Internal Project Team.
- Report information to the Project Manager
- Manage subcontractor accounts, interim valuations and final accounts.
- Ensure payment certificates are processed and payments are made per the agreed sub-contract and procurement terms.
- Electrical Quantity Surveyor will be responsible for administering the contract obligations and meet additional Client requirements.
- Issue interim and final accounts and progress applications per project and contract requirements. Monthly applications to be all inclusive of accurate remeasures, site changes, dayworks and any applicable contract claims. Identify escalations, material or labour, as appropriate.
- Ability to identify potential commercial risks and be able to communicate this to Senior Management.
- Have practical knowledge of scheduling and the associated commercial implications.
- Work closely with the planning Engineer on progress
- The Electrical Quantity Surveyor will be responsible for subcontractor remeasurement of contract works, site dayworks and site change orders.
- Ensure records are accurate to support commercial tracking and costing.
- Negotiating skills to be used where necessary.
What are we looking for?
- Minimum 4+ years of Quantity surveying experience essential on Electrical Projects.
- 3rd level qualification in Construction Economics / Quantity Surveying ideally coupled with a technical background as either Electrician or Electrical Engineer
- Experience working on electrical value projects in-excess of €4million within the data centre, pharmaceutical, industrial or commercial sectors.
- Proficient in excel.
- High level of knowledge in commercial management and QS Role within construction
- Knowledge of contract conditions and their applications
- Process driven and focused on EHS and Quality Work Management Systems and Processes
Apply for this job now by sending your CV to John.
We Value Your Trust.