What you need to know:
A multinational medical device company in Galway are looking for an Electrical Engineer to join their team. This is a fantastic opportunity to join the global leader in medical technologies. This is an initial 12 month contract in which you will gain valuable experience in the medical device industry.
Your new job:
As an Electrical Engineer your responsibilities will include:
- Design, develop, analyze, troubleshoot and provide technical solutions during the life of the products.
- Support of customers by troubleshooting to root cause and resolving Electronic Engineering and related product issues as they arise in the field
- Maintain the integrity and safety of the range of medical equipment with high electronic content.
- Design, verify, validate and implement product improvements brought about by changes to electronic sub-assemblies.
- Identify and verify alternative parts for obsolete electronic components.
- Participate in projects to remediate design history documentation for our ventilator products and accessories
- Support plant production goals by resolving Electronic Engineering and related electronics issues as they arise in production.
- Perform operations in accordance with established safe working procedures, regulations, standards and general safety rules ensuring that attention is given to special hazards associated with the particular area of work.
What are we looking for?
You will have:
- Minimum of a level 8 degree in Electronic Engineering (or closely related discipline).
- 2 years’ experience in an Engineering environment with Medical Device Industry experience an advantage
- Willingness to work on a broad spectrum of sub-systems, ranging from analogue, signal conditioning data acquisition, transducer interfacing, power supply and microprocessor based designs
- Experience in circuit analysis and simulation, schematic capture and PCB layout, 2D drafting and project scheduling are all desirable skills.
- Experience of working with quality system requirements, within a regulatory framework and formal design controls is desirable.
- Excellent problem solving skills.
- Ability to manage workload effectively and efficiently.
- Committed to ongoing professional development.
- Dynamic, positive attitude and action oriented
Apply for this job now or get in touch with Jack Linnane on 09064 90485.
We Value Your Trust.