What you need to know
You will work as an Ecologist for our client in the Energy Sector in Co. Offaly.
As the Ecologist you will work with an environmentally responsible energy provider as part of a team assessing ecological survey data, undertaking surveys and preparing reports.
This is a Permanent role
Your new job
Key duties & responsibilities:
- Develop plans, monitor and track the success of rehabilitation projects as they evolve and develop.
- Engage with various parties and raise awareness of relevant ecological and environmental legislation.
- Identify new projects.
- Undertake assessments in line with the Habitats Directive and advise the team to the obligations under the Habitats Directive.
- Update ecological surveys and include recommendations for future land management.
- Work alongside the wider ecology team to identify and assist in research initiatives and programs.
- Co-operate fully with all Health & Safety and all staff and public welfare provisions.
What are we looking for?
- Level 8+ Qualification in Ecology or relevant Scientific subject.
- 5 years relevant experience
- Experience in ecological field studies.
- Experience in the conduct of Appropriate Assessments.
- Excellent report writing and communication skills.
- Proficiency in GIS is desirable.
- Must be proficient in MS Office including MS Excel, Word, and Databases.
Apply for this job now or get in touch with Lisa at 09064 90485
Please note that due to the expected high volume of applications we can only reply to applicants suitable for the position. In the interest of protecting your data and informing you of your rights we will notify you should we retain your information by issuing an acknowledgment email and a request for consent where not already expressly given.
We Value Your Trust.