What you need to know
I am looking for a Downstream Process Scientist who will assist with the development and validation of processes for recombinant antibodies for veterinary use for Downstream Processing. This is a permanent job and is located in Tullamore.
Your new job
This is a cross functional role in that it will also support upstream production and development for the manufacturing of products. As well as providing hands-on support for all manufacturing activities including purification processes, integrity testing, buffer/media preparation and cell culture, you will be using purification techniques such as chromatography, ultrafiltration/ diafiltration and virus filtration.
Key duties & responsibilities:
- Support the development, optimisation, scale-up, validation and commercial manufacture of a monoclonal antibody production processes.
- Strict adherence to GMP, working in a cleanroom environment and executing batch records.
- Support the writing and updating of Batch Manufacturing Records, SOPs, and other quality documents required for GMP manufacture.
- Participate in Quality and Safety regulatory audits and completion of deviations and investigations into non-conformances.
- Work with external partners to provide the necessary technical support for successful completion of projects including the transfer of processes into the facility.
- Identify continuous improvement initiatives and action plans to implement operational excellence and lean practices.
What are we looking for?
- BSc, MSc or PhD in Chemical/Biochemical Engineering or related Biological Sciences
- Industry experience of working in bioprocess development and/or purification processing
- Knowledge of analytical methods required for protein characterisation.
- Knowledge of key suppliers of process materials and equipment including disposable systems.
- Excellent project management capability
- Knowledge and understanding of the workings of protein purification techniques using Unicorn software or similar automated control system would be a distinct advantage
Apply for this job now or get in touch with Gareth on 090 6490485.
Please note that due to the expected high volume of applications we can only reply to applicants suitable for the position. In the interest of protecting your data and informing you of your rights we will notify you should we retain your information by issuing an acknowledgement email and a request for consent where not already expressly given.
We Value Your Trust.