You will work as a Director of Care with our client a healthcare service provider for over 40 years. This job is based in Co. Mayo. This is a permanent job.
As the Director Care you will be one of clinical and professional leadership in the day-to-day operations of the nursing home. You will lead, organise, and direct the day to day management and operations of healthcare operation in accordance with the government regulations.
Your job responsibilities:
- Ensure that the provision of a high standard of care to the resident and families in Nursing Home is consistent with the mission, vision, values, and strategic plan of the Nursing Home.
- Oversee the delivery of resident care together with all members of the multidisciplinary teams.
- Encourage recognition of the resident as an individual ensuring residents’ needs and comfort are given priority.
- Lead, organise and direct the day to day management and operations of nursing Home in accordance with the Health Act, 2007 and the National Standards for Residential Care Settings for Older People in Ireland, 2016 and the Health information and Quality Authority (HIQA) standards.
- Oversee and co-ordinate the quality and safety system including all aspects of risk management and resident involvement
- Liaise with the Chief Executive and the Financial Controller with regards financial expenditure
- Liaise with the Group HR Manager in relation to recruitment, HR development, supervision, and appraisal of staff.
What are we looking for?
- Registered with Nursing and Midwifery Board of Ireland
- Recognised post registration management qualification in health or a related field.
- Have a minimum of three years’ experience as an assistant Director of Care or Senior Clinical Nurse Manager in a healthcare setting.
- Minimum three years post graduate experience with a minimum of two years’ experience in Care of the Older Person at CNM level.
- Minimum of 2 years people management experience
- Have a clear understanding of all the regulatory obligations and requirements of the role as well as a detailed knowledge and understanding of the nursing home sector.
Apply for this job now or get in touch with Breda on 090 6490485 for a detailed job description.
Please note that due to the expected high volume of applications we can only reply to applicants suitable for the position. In the interest of protecting your data and informing you of your rights we will notify you should we retain your