What you need to know
Matrix Recruitment Group are currently recruiting for a Director of Care for our client in the healthcare industry based in North Dublin.
This is a permanent role with excellent package for the successful individual. This role reports directly to the CEO.
Your new job
- Clinical and professional leadership in the day-to-day operations
- Ensure the Home is prepared for Inspections ( HIQA, NERA, EHO and Fire Officer).
- Ensure staff receive an appropriate induction, supervision and yearly appraisals in keeping with company policy.
- Lead, guide, support and motivate staff to ensure agreed objectives are met and provide coaching where necessary to staff who need to improve their performance.
- Manage the day to day expenditure in the home and ensure that the home running costs are within budget.
- Communicate openly with all staff, residents, families, other health professionals and visitors in a courteous and professional manner reflecting positively on the Home.
- Ensure all company reports and information that is requested internally are prepared and delivered on time
- Educate and advise all staff on the person-centred approach and the importance of ensuring this in all delivery of care, engagement and interaction with residents.
- Ensure that any deficit in the service is managed in keeping with the companies Complaints Policies/Elder Abuse Policy.
- Ensure medication is managed within the home and compliance with ABA, Company Policy, HSE directives and guidelines.
- Conduct audits of the services provided within the home and report findings to Senior Management Team.
- Lead, organise and direct the day to day management and operations of the Home in accordance with the Health Act, 2007 and the National Standards for Residential Care Settings for Older People in Ireland, 2016 and the Health information and Quality Authority (HIQA) standards.
- Have a genuine commitment to and desire to work in care of older person.
- Be aware of the confidential nature of the work and in particular, the right of residents to confidentiality.
What are we looking for?
- Nursing and Midwifery Board of Ireland registration
- Have a recognised post registration management qualification in health or similar
- Have a minimum of three years’ experience as an assistant Director of Care or Senior Clinical Nurse Manager within a healthcare setting.
- Proficiency in MS Suite (Excel, Word, PowerPoint) and exposure to a computerised record system; i.e Epic Care
- Demonstrate strong knowledge and clinical nursing practice
- Knowledge of current legislative policies pertinent to Care of the Older Persons
- Minimum three years post graduate experience with a minimum of two years’ experience in Care of the Older Person at CNM level
- Minimum 2 years management experience
- In-depth knowledge of care of the elderly.
- Knowledge of organisation of health services and trends
- Ability to source both theoretical and technical information
- Gerontology experience
Apply for this job now or get in touch with Vanessa Murphy on email@example.com or 0874064551
We Value Your Trust.