What you need to know
You will work as a part-time Desktop Support Technician for our client, a highly successful and established medical device company in Galway.
You will be responsible for all IT incidents and ticket requests for the day shift. You will work alongside the IT team and report into the Group IT Manager.
This is an 8-month contract job.
Hours: Monday to Wednesday (8.00am – 4.00pm)
Your new job
Key duties & responsibilities:
- The main point of contact for all IT requests & incident reports during the day shift.
- Use the ServiceNow ticketing system and IT Service Desk helpline to respond to all queries.
- Review & analyse requests ensuring to forward to the relevant support queues.
- Resolve IT issues via phone, remote access when required.
- Train customers on software & hardware products as required.
- Assist with installation & on-boarding new employees’ hardware & software applications.
What are we looking for?
- Information Technology certification or relevant qualification.
- At least 6-months in an IT department.
- Essential Windows 10 and Office 365 support experience.
- Strong Knowledge of basic Networking technologies and terminologies.
- Excellent verbal & written communication skills.
Ability to work under little supervision.
- Previous experience working in a call-centre / helpdesk environment.
- An understanding of IS tools, technologies, and concepts.
Apply for this job now or get in touch with Áine on 090 64 90485.
Please note that due to the expected high volume of applications we can only reply to applicants suitable for the position. In the interest of protecting your data and informing you of your rights we will notify you should we retain your information by issuing an acknowledgment email and a request for consent where not already expressly given.
We Value Your Trust.