What you need to know
We are currently seeking a Credit Control Lead for our client, a credit union based in Wicklow.
This is a permanent role. Salary will depend on experience.
This job is a standalone role and holds responsibility for overseeing the outsourced credit control partner and ensuring the compliance and overall effectiveness of the credit control function.
This role will suit you if you have strong credit control experience as well as strong communication skills.
Your new job
Key duties & responsibilities:
- Work alongside the outsourced credit control partner to ensure effective policies and procedures are implemented, followed, and maintained
- Review external providers service levels and ensure that they adhere to SLAs
- Ensure adequate control measurement in the lending process in conjunction with risk, compliance, internal and external audit legislation and regulation
- Develop and maintain effective communications with members who are in arrears and deciding on the most appropriate course of action
- Liaising with the relevant departments and highlighting trends in order that enhanced underwriting decisions can be made around certain loan types
- Ensuring all deadlines and legislation set by the Central Bank in relation to the Credit Control Department are met
- Producing a monthly report for the Board of Directors showing all relevant details regarding the department
- Producing clear reports to the Credit Control Committee showing all decisions made or to be made, recommend cases for the legal chase path along with the rationale behind the recommendations. Reporting on the performance of the top 50 loans
- Advising the Credit Control Committee on all Personal Insolvency Legislation
- Liaise with outsourced companies, legal representatives, Solicitors as required
- Attendance at court in certain circumstances
- Provide support to other staff and committee members as necessary
- 5 years Collections/Credit Control experience
- Must have or be prepared to attain QFA certification
- Demonstrable experience of Personal Insolvency legislation
- Experience attending court would be advantageous
- Experience working with an outsourced credit control partner would be advantageous
- Excellent report writing and analytical skills
- Strong IT skills
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
Please note that due to the expected high volume of applications we can only reply to applicants suitable for the position. In the interest of protecting your data and informing you of your rights we will notify you should we retain your information by issuing an acknowledgement email and a request for consent where not already expressly given.
We Value Your Trust.