You will work as a Cost Accountant for our client, an engineering manufacturing company based in Co. Carlow . This is a great opportunity to gain exposure in all aspects of the business and be involved at a high level with the management team.
This is a permanent job.
As the Cost Accountant, you will be part of an established finance team reporting into the CFO . You will play a key role in understanding cost drivers within the business with a wide variety of product. This job will work with a number of business partners (production) to enhance decision making and improve profitability of this growing company.
- Review and maintain standard costing, bill of materials and related costing processes.
- New product costing.
- Preparation of monthly accruals.
- Investigate variances in the gross margin including detailed product margin profitability analysis.
- Analyse actual manufacturing costs and prepare monthly reports comparing standard costs to actual.
- Prepare costing analysis for new products and business proposals.
- Financial control of inventory including accounting, valuation and obsolescence management.
- Support the preparation of budgets including the development of robust forecast and budget models.
- Support production managers in understanding product costs and driving improvement in product margins.
- Support financial analysis for key site projects.
- Contribute to the continuous improvement and efficiency of the site finance function.
- Prepare adhoc analysis as required by site or the CFO.
What are we looking for?
- CIMA /ACCA/ACA/ qualification.
- At least 3+ years’ costing/commercial experience in a manufacturing environment or a strong management/financial accountant .
- Must have a proven track record in efficiency improvements, and cost savings. Strong working knowledge of ERP systems.
- Excellent team player with previous cross functional team experience ideally with production management.
- Proficient in MS Excel.
Please send cv in word format.
Apply for this job now or get in touch with Breda .
Please note that due to the expected high volume of applications we can only reply to applicants suitable for the position. In the interest of protecting your data and informing you of your rights we will notify you should we retain your information by issuing an acknowledgement email and a request for consent where not already expressly given.
We Value Your Trust.