What you need to know
You will work as a Cost Accountant for our client, a highly successful and well-established manufacturing medical device company in Co. Galway
As the Cost Accountant, you will be responsible for performing cost analysis and preparing budget reports. Our ideal candidate should also be able to create detailed reports that present cost-effective solutions for our company. Ultimately, you should manage cost information to maximise profitability for our company.
You will report to the Financial Controller.
This is a permanent job
Your new job
Key duties & responsibilities:
- Ensure the timely preparation and presentation of annual budget and monthly forecasting reports.
- Implement standard costing procedures.
- Maintain Standard Costs and investigate variances.
- Design and monitor relevant KPI data with relevant comparisons to the budget and also ensure accurate product costings.
- Mentor ERP users of inventory transactions
- Create financial reports on the ERP system
- Responsible for inventory management and material cost reductions.
- Provide financial inputs i.e. LEAN/six sigma initiatives.
- Ensure compliance of the Quality Management System.
- Various ad-hoc duties to support the Financial Controller
What are we looking for?
- CIMA /ACCA/ACA/ qualification.
- At least 5+ years’ costing experience in a manufacturing environment.
- Must have a proven track record in efficiency improvements, and cost savings Strong working knowledge of ERP systems.
- Excellent team player with previous cross functional team experience
- Proficient in MS Excel.
Apply for this job now or get in touch with Breda on 090 6490485.
Please note that due to the expected high volume of applications we can only reply to applicants suitable for the position. In the interest of protecting your data and informing you of your rights we will notify you should we retain your information by issuing an acknowledgement email and a request for consent where not already expressly given.
We Value Your Trust.