What you need to know
You will work as a Senior Commodity Specialist for our client, a highly successful and well-established medical manufacturing company in Co. Westmeath.
As the Senior Commodity Specialist you will be responsible for the commercial and tactical operational management of contract manufacturing partners and finishing good suppliers to ensure product availability.
This is a permanent job.
Your new job
Key duties & responsibilities:
- Guide and negotiate contractual relationships with suppliers for supply
- Establish and implement risk management processes to ensure no risk of supply
- Communicate with suppliers to ensure that supply chain is stable
- Negotiating and establishing contractual relationships with partners
- Managing cost reviews, supplier pricing reviews and risk management processes
- Improving performance of suppliers through business reviews with key suppliers
- Participating and engaging in key Make buy reviews and decisions.
- Supporting strategic projects including RFP/RFQ process for new and existing business programs.
- Working alongside suppliers to reduce costs, lead times and increase overall agility
- Conducting supplier identification to support new product/service needs
- Ensure adherence to corporate compliance and ensure legal requirements are being met
What are we looking for?
- 3rd Level Degree in Business, Procurement, Supply Chain Management or related discipline.
- At least 7 years’ experience in a Contract manufacturing environment
- Understanding of GMP, compliance, Validation Practices including the system development life cycle and Regulatory expectations
- Management of annualized standard cost settings, pricing & cost out programs
- Excellent knowledge of MS Office tools
- Knowledge of Quality Systems (FDA/ISO) within a regulated environment
- Experience in managing & developing supplier relationships
- Awareness of Oracle ERP /ASCP systems or similar systems
- Flexibility towards working hours and travel
- Effective change management capability
Apply for this job now or get in touch with Breda on 090 6490485.
Please note that due to the expected high volume of applications we can only reply to applicants suitable for the position. In the interest of protecting your data and informing you of your rights we will notify you should we retain your information by issuing an acknowledgement email and a request for consent where not already expressly given.
We Value Your Trust.