What you need to know
Matrix Recruitment Group are currently recruiting for a Health & Safety Manager for our well established client based in Wexford to work on a contract basis 2 – 3 days per month.
You will be the sole H&S representative on site and will report directly to the General Manager and will work with all members of management across the production facility on all areas of Health and Safety.
Your new job
Key duties & responsibilities:
- Overall responsibility of the Company’s Health & Safety
- Responsible for maintaining and improving all aspects of Covid 19 onsite
- Implement any changes with current legislation and keep up to date with all Covid 19 recommended guidelines
- Communicate any changes in guidelines and regulations to staff while ensuring all guidelines are adhered to on a day to day basis
- Monitoring compliance and highlighting any areas for improvements
- Responsible for conducting risk assessments and recording of same
- Investigate any incidents that may occur and report to HSA if necessary
- Responsible for preparing bimonthly Health and Safety reports for management
- Provide health and safety induction to new starters and ensure staff are fully trained, identify any training needs
What are we looking for?
- Qualification in Occupational Health & Safety
- Experience working in a similar position within a production environment
- Effectively influence those at senior level in relation to H&S
- Ability to work independently on their own initiative
- Strong IT – Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Attention to detail
- Excellent organisational skills
Apply for this job now by submitting your Word formatted CV to Roisin Ahern.
Please note that due to the expected high volume of applications we can only reply to applicants suitable for the position. In the interest of protecting your data and informing you of your rights we will notify you should we retain your information by issuing an acknowledgement email and a request for consent where not already expressly given. We Value Your Trust.