Matrix Recruitment Group are currently recruiting for a COST/MANAGEMENT ACCOUNTANT based in CORK (Model Farm Road). (contract role initially)
This is a CONTRACT role 9-12mth duration.
The COST/MANAGEMENT ACCOUNTANT will operate within the relevant financial policies and financial guidelines of the organisation.
Key duties and responsibilities include:
The overall aim of the Finance Division is to provide strategic and operational financial support and advice to the various streams of the organisation. By providing high quality, integrated financial information to equip better decision making by the senior management team.
- Define the financial management framework to be followed within the entirety of the publicly funded health and social care system
- Support decision making by providing trusted and timely information, insightful analysis and professional advice in a standard and consistent way.
- To ensure there is a better understanding of the drivers of the demand and supply of service over time. This will allow for better evaluation and forecasting of future trends and improved service provision.
- To facilitate service improvement over time by supporting the development of appropriate resource allocation processes, financial models to support integrated care and / or time based activity costing, supporting the development of outcome measures.
- Assisting in the development of mutually accepted costing methodologies to enable both national and international cost comparisons and bench marking, areas of interest:
- Correlating movements in headcount, pay costs, agency and overtime.
- Labour hours costing initiatives including data extraction from existing payroll systems
- Development and implementation of costing processes and systems / technology
- The assessment and development of resource allocation models to inform how services are funded going forward.
- Developing and providing input to Value for Money, Service and Policy reviews.
- Managing “business as usual” within the Finance Division on a day to day basis.
- Driving continuous improvement in line with the new Finance Operating Model
- Development of financial/economic performance reporting and analysis / commentary including linkage of activity levels to Financial Reporting.
- Developing economic evaluation, service costing, business analytics, benchmarking and resource allocation models.
- Qualified Accountant
- 5-7years working within a busy Finance function with responsibility for costings and management accounting along with budget management and forecasting.
- Knowledge/experience of costing systems.
- Knowledge/experience of utilising resource allocation modelling to rationalise pay costs and maximise resource efficiencies
- A working knowledge of relevant integrated IT systems
- Advanced excel skills with high level working knowledge of financial spreadsheets.
- Report writing skills, including evidence of proficiency in communicating analytical outcomes to managers through written reports
Apply for this job now by submitting your Word formatted CV to Suzanne Dunne at email@example.com
Please note that due to the expected high volume of applications we can only reply to applicants suitable for the position. In the interest of protecting your data and informing you of your rights we will notify you should we retain your information by issuing an acknowledgement email and a request for consent where not already expressly given. We Value Your Trust.