Your new job
You will work as a Technical Sourcing Specialist for our client, a leading medical manufacturing company in Co. Galway
As the Technical Sourcing Specialist, you will be responsible for the management, selection, qualifying , relationship, , and planning with external suppliers for a number of technical projects. You will work as part of a team across a number of departments, ensuring there is a robust supply that delivers quality products at a competitive price.
This is a 1 year contract (work from home initially)
Key duties & responsibilities:
- Manage & partner with suppliers to develop business relationships that deliver effective operational control to agreed service levels.
- Manage supplier component qualification.
- Manages with suppliers to assure long term stability of supply and cost effectiveness
- Plan, support and implement projects with suppliers to drive effective supply, cost control and timeline compliance.
- Liaise with suppliers to ensure stability of the supply chain, develop & implement risk management processes to ensure no risk of supply.
- Monitor all component quality levels for projects.
- Support strategic projects business programs
- Ensure suppliers product availability through ongoing management of the supply base, risk assessments, contracts, and periodic business reviews with suppliers.
- Engage with Manufacturing, Engineering, Quality, Finance, Franchise team, Regulatory, etc. to ensure timely delivery of business projects.
- Follow strict adherence to the requirements of cGMP.
- Actively contribute to the enhancement of compliance initiatives for areas of responsibility.
What are we looking for?
- 3rd Level Degree in Engineering or related discipline.
- At least 4-5 years’ experience ideally in medical device industry.
- Experience in finding and qualifying components and suppliers
- Commodity Management in a technical industry.
- Demonstrated experience in managing & developing supplier relationships including contract negotiation.
- Ideally certified in lean six sigma or green belt.
- High understanding of Compliance requirements and Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP) including validation requirements and Regulatory expectations.
- Working knowledge of Quality Systems (FDA/ISO) within a regulated environment.
- Competent user of MS Office tools Access, Excel, Project, Word, Powerpoint.
- Excellent interpersonal & communication skills. Strong leadership, decision-making & problem-solving skills.
Apply for this job now or get in touch with Breda on 090 6490485 or 0874057840.
Please note that due to the expected high volume of applications we can only reply to applicants suitable for the position. In the interest of protecting your data and informing you of your rights we will notify you should we retain your information by issuing an acknowledgement email and a request for consent where not already expressly given.
We Value Your Trust.