What you need to know
We are currently seeking a Finance Manager for our multinational finance governance client, based in Tipperary.
As the Finance Manager to manage a portfolio of aviation clients. A core aspect of the role would involve the review and interpretation, for accounting purposes, of aviation related transactional documentation in connection with the financing, acquisition and leasing of portfolios of aircraft, to complete the required deliverables.
You will also manage a team and put in place internal company procedures and controls to ensure delivery of a quality service.
Your new job
Key duties & responsibilities:
- Preparation of monthly, quarterly and year-end financial reporting, including the preparation of single entity and consolidated financial statements in accordance with IFRS within prescribed deadlines
- Ownership of the chart of accounts and trial balance with responsibility for ensuring all accounts are reconciled and open items cleared within agreed timelines
- Development of accounting policies
- Co-ordination and completion of the annual audit process, ensuring all reporting deadlines are met as scheduled
- Plan, organise and resource their team to ensure client engagement requirements are met
- Adhere to internal procedures to meet professional standards and propose changes that can improve service delivery and quality
- Ensure that the team delivers accurate monthly/quarterly management and statutory financial information
- Implementing improvements in the accounting process to ensure it is robust, controlled and efficient
- Continuously seeking to improve and develop the accounting processes to reduce reporting lead times
- Working with colleagues across the Group, ensuring effective collaboration, communication and development of solutions
- Build and maintain excellent relationships with all key internal and external stakeholders
- Assist in ad-hoc and project requirements as required by the Operations Controller
- Travel to attend Dublin office and client meetings, within Ireland, will be required
- Coaching and mentoring of members of the Finance Team
- Promote a culture of continuous self-improvement in the service and processes of their teams
What are we looking for?
- Fully qualified accountant (ACA/ACCA/CIMA)
- University degree in accounting or business
- 5+ Years post qualified experience in Aircraft Leasing / Corporate Services
- Have strong technical accounting skills including Tax and Financial Reporting
- Previous use of an accounts package such as Sage would be desirable
- A quick learner and work at speed in a fast-paced environment
- It is essential to be trustworthy and understand the need for confidentiality
- A high level of customer focus towards both internal and external customers
- Team player and self-starting, with ability to use initiative, work at times unsupervised and produce high quality output
We Value Your Trust.