Our client based in Co. Roscommon is looking to recruit a Buyer/Planner.
This company manufactures medical device products and have experienced significant growth in the last year.
They are looking to hire a Buyer/Planner who will join the Supply Chain Team.
This will suit an experienced Buyer/Planner with at least 2-3 years’ experience. The Buyer/Planner will have responsibility for planning and purchasing or materials, services in a manufacturing .
The position reports to the Supply Chain Manager
This is a permanent job.
Your new job
Key duties & responsibilities:
- Prepare weekly/monthly and quarterly production plans to meet customer demand.
- Issue PO’s to support production plans in line with budgeted costs
- Ensure supply of material to meet demand in a cost effective manner.
- Negotiate with suppliers pricing and contracts for materials and services.
- Work with quality in the selection of vendors.
- Support the purchase of consumables.
- Monitor and Process updates to MRP systems.
- Focus on continuous improvement and KPI’s
What are we looking for?
- 3rd Level Degree in Business/Supply Chain or related discipline.APICS/IIPIM desirable.
- At least 3 years manufacturing experience in buying, planning and inventory within manufacturing.
- Strong system’s experience and excellent working knowledge of Microsoft applications especially excel.
- You must have strong communication and negotiating skills along with excellent organisation/time management skills.
- Must have the ability to work both independently and in a team environment while demonstrating initiative to lead in other projects.
Breda Dooley Matrix Recruitment on 0874057840.
Please note that due to the expected high volume of applications we can only reply to applicants suitable for the position. In the interest of protecting your data and informing you of your rights we will notify you should we retain your information by issuing an acknowledgement email and a request for consent where not already expressly given.
We Value Your Trust.