What you need to know
You will work as a Buyer / Planner for our client, a recognised and progressive medical manufacturing company in Co. Westmeath.
As the Buyer / Planner, you will be responsible for planning production of bought in finished goods area and responsible for inventory management. You will develop and implement KPI’s to monitor supplier’s performance and work with the supply chain team to develop strategies in the areas of forecasting, and capacity management etc.
This is a permanent job.
Your new job
Key duties & responsibilities:
- Key areas of accountability include hands-on participation in department activities, planning, forecasting, purchasing, scheduling, supplier selection, supplier management, best practices, quality, and continuous improvement of responsible areas.
- Manage and review product delivery to meet service level agreements.
- Data analysis, metrics and reporting /KPI
- Supplier management liaise with vendors re buying/planning/purchasing.
- Deliver continuous improvement in supplier delivery, quality and cost.
- Execute Supplier lead-times etc.
- Assist with developing policies, procedures and SOP documentation in the areas of procurement, supplier selection, supplier management, supplier qualification, inventory.
- Interact directly with all departments with regards to materials that have been requested to ascertain specifications and requirements.
- Develop models to support business metrics and reports.
- Purchase non inventory items.
- Management of purchase orders.
- Follow Health & Safety procedures and adhere to the requirements of CGMP
What are we looking for?
- 3rd Level Degree in Business/Supply Chain or related discipline.
- At least 5 years manufacturing experience in buying, planning and inventory.
- Strong ERP system experience and excellent working knowledge of Microsoft applications, Oracle/SAP MPS & MRP.
- Working knowledge of Quality Systems.
- Strong in MS office particularly excel.
- You must have strong communication and negotiating skills along with excellent organisation/time management skills.
- Must have the ability to work both independently and in a team environment while demonstrating initiative to lead in other projects.
- Project Management experience
Apply for this job now or get in touch with Breda on 090 6490485.
Please note that due to the expected high volume of applications we can only reply to applicants suitable for the position. In the interest of protecting your data and informing you of your rights we will notify you should we retain your information by issuing an acknowledgement email and a request for consent where not already expressly given.
We Value Your Trust.