What you need to know
You will work as a Buyer / Planner for our client, a leading manufacturer of FMCG products in Co. Longford.
As a Buyer/Planner you will be responsible for assisting with buying and maintaining stock levels of raw material to ensure the delivery of end product to customer.
This is a permanent job.
Your new job
Key duties & responsibilities:
- Assist with buying of materials for production facility.
- Monitoring inventory levels.
- Seek and partner with reliable vendors and suppliers and maintain an ongoing valuable partnership.
- Negotiating with vendors and close deals with optimal terms within the company’s purchasing budget.
- Manage and control purchase order processes within the manufacturing industry in accordance with MRP and/or customer requirements.
- Accomplishes purchasing activities in accordance with the written requirements.
- You will operate using the computerised ordering system which will include purchase orders, stock checks, authorising payments and monitoring and expediting orders.
- Assist with compiling quarterly supplier assessments based on KPI’s.
What are we looking for?
- At least 2+ years experience in a purchasing environment/manufacturing sector preferably.
- Proven working experience within the manufacturing, supply chain industry or related discipline.
- Must be APICS qualified or in the process of qualifying.
- Very high level of experience in ERP/MRP.
- Must be able to multitask and adjust to the fast-paced environment.
- Excellent negotiation and communication skills essential.
Apply for this job now or get in touch with Breda on 090 6490485.
Please note that due to the expected high volume of applications we can only reply to applicants suitable for the position. In the interest of protecting your data and informing you of your rights we will notify you should we retain your information by issuing an acknowledgement email and a request for consent where not already expressly given.
We Value Your Trust.