What you need to know
You will work as a Buyer/Planner for our client, a highly successful and well-established pharmaceutical company in Co. Galway.
As the Buyer/Planner, you will be responsible for planning and procurement of materials, production materials and related services. You will work alongside the Supply Chain team.
This is a permanent job.
Your new job
Key duties & responsibilities:
- Hands-on participation in planning, purchasing, scheduling, supplier management, best practices, quality, and continuous improvement of responsible areas.
- Liaise with 3rd party vendors re buying/planning/purchasing.
- Deliver continuous improvement in supplier delivery, quality and cost.
- Execute Supplier negotiations for best cost, lead-times and terms for the business.
- Assist with developing policies and procedures in the areas of procurement, supplier selection, supplier management, supplier qualification, inventory control, receiving, storage and distribution of materials and finished goods.
- Liaise directly with all departments with regards to materials, specifications and requirements.
- Prepare weekly supply chain metrics.
- Respond to customer service queries and invoice queries.
What are we looking for?
- 3rd Level Qualification in in Business/Supply Chain or related discipline.
- At least 2 years work experience in a 3rd Party Buyer/Planner role in a regulated industry preferably in the pharmaceutical industry.
- Strong ERP/MRP system experience.
- Excellent IT Skills and MS Office with proficiency in Excel.
- Must have the ability to work both independently and in a team environment while demonstrating initiative to lead in other projects.
- You must have strong communication and negotiating skills along with excellent organisation/time management skills.
Apply for this job now or get in touch with Breda Dooley on 090 6490485.
Please note that due to the expected high volume of applications we can only reply to applicants suitable for the position. In the interest of protecting your data and informing you of your rights we will notify you should we retain your information by issuing an acknowledgement email and a request for consent where not already expressly given.
We Value Your Trust.