You will work as a Buyer for our client, a fast growing medical company in Co. Offaly. Due to the continued growth of the company , this exciting new job opportunity gives you the scope to make this job your own.
As the Buyer you will be responsible for buying and maintaining stock levels. You will be responsible for implementing new controls and procedures within the buying department.
This is a permanent job.
Your new job
Key duties & responsibilities:
- Responsible for all the buying of spare parts and indirect materials for the facility.
- Monitoring inventory levels.
- Seek and partner with reliable suppliers and maintain an ongoing valuable partnership.
- Negotiating with vendors and close deals with optimal terms within the company’s purchasing budget.
- Ensure all approved vendors are setup on the Quality Management System.
- You will operate using the computerised ordering system which will include purchase orders, stock checks, authorising payments and monitoring and expediting orders.
- Assist with compiling quarterly supplier assessments based on KPI’s.
- Ensuring all policies and procedures with regards to purchasing are strictly adhered to and followed.
What are we looking for?
- At least 3+ years experience in a purchasing department preferably in manufacturing regulated sector preferably.
- Contract negotiation experience.
- Must be APICS qualified or in the process of qualifying or diploma/degree qualifications.
- Proven working experience within the manufacturing, supply chain industry or related discipline.
- Very high level of experience in ERP/MRP.
- Must be able to multitask and adjust to the fast-paced environment.
- Excellent negotiation and communication skills essential.
Apply for this job now or get in touch with Breda on 090 6490485.
Please note that due to the expected high volume of applications we can only reply to applicants suitable for the position. In the interest of protecting your data and informing you of your rights we will notify you should we retain your information by issuing an acknowledgement email and a request for consent where not already expressly given.
We Value Your Trust.