What you need to know
Due to their continued success and growth, our client requires an experienced Scientist to join the Biopharma laboratory at their GMP facility in Athlone. As the fastest growing laboratory on-site, there is great potential for career development.
As an experienced Scientist you will have the ability to write protocols and reports under minimal supervision – as well as being able to plan, schedule and execute projects through to completion.
This job provides an opportunity to work with some of the most talented scientists in the industry, but as an added incentive you will receive a generous joiner bonus after successful completion of your probationary period!
Your new job
Your main duties in this role will be to perform a variety of complex sample preparations and analysis procedures to quantitatively measure small and large biomolecules such as proteins, peptides, nucleotides, oligonucleotides, DNA, carbohydrates, polysaccharides and liposomes, using a wide range of analytical instrumentation.
Key duties & responsibilities:
- Perform a variety of complex sample preparations
- Interpret analytical data in regard to acceptability and consistency
- Set up and maintain analytical instrumentation.
- Analysis procedures to quantitatively measure pharmaceutical compounds in a variety of formations for stability testing and other studies for analytical testing support
- Review and compilation of results
- Performing work assignments accurately, timely and in a safe manner
- Training on routine operation, maintenance and theory of analytical instrumentation, SOPs, and regulatory procedures and guidelines.
What are we looking for?
- Education to a Bachelors or higher level in Biochemistry or related subject
- 3+ years industry experience working in a GMP lab OR 5+ Years academia experience (MSc or PhD)
- Must be proficient in the analytical techniques related to Biopharma: ELISA, SDS-Page, Western Blot, HPLC and Capillary electrophoresis
- Detailed knowledge of method validation/development is advantageous
- The ability to write protocols and reports with minimum supervision
- Excellent attention to detail, with the ability to follow detailed written and verbal instructions
Apply for this job now or get in touch with Gareth on 090 6490485.
Please note that due to the expected high volume of applications we can only reply to applicants suitable for the position. In the interest of protecting your data and informing you of your rights we will notify you should we retain your information by issuing an acknowledgement email and a request for consent where not already expressly given.
We Value Your Trust.