What you need to know
You will work as an Automation Engineer for our client, an established manufacturing company in the Waterford area.
As the Automation Engineer, you will be involved with the implementation and development of new products, controls and vision systems to improve quality of existing products.
This is a permanent position.
Your new job
Key duties & responsibilities:
- Responsible for the implementation and development of new products, controls and vision systems to improve quality of existing products.
- Train Engineering personnel on as need basic.
- Help internal resources in developing technical solutions for automated equipment. Interface with equipment vendors to ensure successful machine delivery, integration and manufacturing validation.
- Develop specifications documents for new equipment and work closely with vendors to ensure the software related systems are correctly developed as per specifications.
- Management of project schedules/detailed work plans in order to meet overall project goals.
- Support product, platform and cost improvement programs by delivering qualified vision systems and acquisition software, machine controls and PLC/SCADA software. Interface with SQA, QA and Operations groups to successfully validate software systems. Author and execute software test scripts as required.
- Identify improvement opportunities and provide business case analysis to quantify and justify automation projects.
- Provide automation requirements and implement solutions for product lines and/or capacity expansions.
- Provide technical expertise in the validation of new technologies to ensure they meet the Safety, Quality and Operational requirements specified.
What are we looking for?
- Degree in Electrical, Electro-Mechanical, Computer Systems or Electronic Engineering
- Knowledge of software development life cycle methodologies, statistical analysis and machine vision fundamentals advantageous
- 5+ years’ experience with development, integration and project management of automated control systems including Vision systems, PLC’s, motion control, robotics, HMI’s and SCADA control systems software
Apply for this job now by sending your CV to John.
We Value Your Trust.