What you need to know
You will work as a Finance Assistant for our client, a highly successful and well-established manufacturing company in Co. Mayo.
As the Finance Assistant, you will be responsible for payroll, debtors, creditors, bank rec’s, intercompany analysis and month-end journal entries.
You will report into the Assistant Finance Manager.
This is a permanent job.
Your new job
Key duties & responsibilities:
- Manage the AP and AR Shared Services Functions
- Dealing with AP and AR queries and resolving same
- Monthly reconciliation of Debtors and Creditors control accounts including supplier statement reconciliations
- Bank Reconciliations
- Assisting with the preparation of weekly and monthly payroll and any other related activities
- Monthly reconciliation of intercompany loans and AR & AP balances
- Monthly revenue and statutory reporting including VAT returns, VIES and Intrastat
- Month end reporting including accruals & prepayments and the completion of other Corporate Finance information
- Management of Month End Stock Procedures and reporting of same including stock counts, reconciliations and ledger postings
- Assistance with reconciliation of all Balance Sheet accounts
- Assist with yearend audit file preparation and handling auditor queries
- Completion of all paperwork in line with company procedures and best practice
- To abide by data protection regulations and GDPR
- To attend meetings where appropriate
- Lead & participate in improvement projects as required
- To be a willing and flexible team member
- This list of duties and responsibilities is not exhaustive and Multi Packaging Solutions would expect you to carry out any other reasonable duty which you are capable of being trained in or performing.
What are we looking for?
- Sufficient qualifications to discharge the functions of the role, ideally AITI part qualified / qualified
- Third level qualification to degree level
- Relevant experience (5 years +) in a similar role
- Demonstrable experience of excellent analytical, numeracy, organizational, planning and communication skills.
- Proven AP experience dealing with a high volume of invoices is essential
- Payroll experience an advantage
- Demonstrable experience of working to high quality standards with attention to detail
- Demonstrable evidence of information handling ability and problem solving skills
- Ability to prioritize and work under pressure
- Prior experience of working in a department with tight month end deadlines
- Proficient in MS Packages including highly competent in Microsoft Excel
- Working knowledge of an ERP system
- Candidate should be able to display a sense of pride in the work they do with the ability to work on own initiative and to deadlines
- Flexible individual willing to take on tasks outside the list above and taking ownership of all
Apply for this job now or get in touch with Breda via email.
Please note that due to the expected high volume of applications we can only reply to applicants suitable for the position. In the interest of protecting your data and informing you of your rights we will notify you should we retain your information by issuing an acknowledgement email and a request for consent where not already expressly given.
We Value Your Trust.