What you need to know
You will work an Analytical Scientist for our client, a leading Animal Health company in Co. Offaly. This company is a world leader in the discovery and delivery of quality veterinary vaccines, medicines and diagnostic products, complemented by bio-devices, genetic tests and precision livestock farming.
This role within the Quality Control group will support the in-process and final product testing of recombinant antibodies for veterinary use. The position may also involve the development of new bioanalytical methods to support the overall product development programme as well as new equipment introduction.
Reporting to The Quality Control / Analytical Development Manager.
This is a contract role
Your new job
Key duties & responsibilities:
- Perform in-process, final product testing and stability analysis of drug substance and drug product in a GMP environment.
- Write test method and validation protocols, SOPs and other quality system documentation to allow the execution of the analysis in a GMP environment. This will include trending data, monitoring Out of Specifications and participating in laboratory investigations.
- Support the development, optimisation and validation of analytical test methods, either in-house or in collaboration with external service providers.
- Support the technical transfer of analytical test methods from external partners to the Zoetis facility.
- Work closely with the process development group to support the development of a robust manufacturing process and transfer to the GMP facility.
- Work closely with specialist contract testing service providers to ensure excellent collaboration is maintained throughout the project.
- Support raw material testing when required for GMP manufacture
- Support the identification of equipment requirements and work with vendors to ensure execution of all deliverables, including equipment qualification and validation.
- Provide technical reports on completion of development and validation tasks.
- Participate in Quality and Safety regulatory audits.
What are we looking for?
- BSc, MSc in a relevant discipline (e.g. biochemistry, chemistry, process engineering) or equivalent experience.
- 5 years’ relevant experience in development/validation of bioanalytical test methods#
- Experience of the test methods commonly used in the analysis of proteins, including but not limited to ELISA, HPLC, Capillary Electrophoresis, potency methods.
- Qualification/Validation of test methods.
- Proven ability to work independently in a laboratory.
- Ability to learn quickly and take responsibility for tasks/projects.
- Highly organised and structured approach to task completion.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, including ability to present work in clear, concise reports or presentations.
This position description provides a summary of key features of the role. It may be varied as necessary by the Company from time to time.
Apply for this job now or get in touch with Aoife on 090 64 90485.
Please note that due to the expected high volume of applications we can only reply to applicants suitable for the position. In the interest of protecting your data and informing you of your rights we will notify you should we retain your information by issuing an acknowledgement email and a request for consent where not already expressly given.
We Value Your Trust.