What you need to know
We are looking to hire an Analytical Scientist for our client, a successful organisation based in Tullamore and who provide medicines and vaccines to a global market.
This role will initially be on a 12-month contract and would ideally suit someone who has recently graduated in biochemistry, chemistry or process engineering and who is able to demonstrate experience of working independently in a laboratory.
Your new job
Working as part of the Quality control group, your main duties will involve providing support to the in-process and final product testing. This will involve Microbiological analysis including Environmental Monitoring, Endotoxin and Bioburden testing, growth promotion, and other associated tests.
Key duties & responsibilities:
- Perform testing of in-process, final product, and stability of drug substance and drug product samples using a suite of protein-specific analytical methods (CGE, SEC-HPLC, cIEF, ELISA) and general analytical methods (appearance analysis, pH, conductivity, etc.)
- Support the technical transfer of analytical test methods to and from the site
- Documentation in relation to test methods, Quality procedures, SOPs, technical QC reports and Laboratory investigations
- Support raw material testing for GMP manufacture
- Maintenance of laboratory equipment, including equipment qualifications and validations
What are we looking for?
- BSc, MSc in a relevant discipline (e.g. biochemistry, chemistry, process engineering) or equivalent experience
- Minimum 1-year relevant experience in a GMP laboratory environment
- Experience of the test methods commonly used in the analysis of proteins, including but not limited to ELISA, SEC-HPLC, CE-SDS, cIEF, and protein content by UV-Vis spectrophotometry
- Excellent collaborations skills are essential, as this role will require you to work closely with Process Development and Specialist Contract Testing providers
- Proven ability to work independently in a laboratory
- Knowledge of protein characterisation techniques
- Experience with Qualification and Validation of test methods.
Apply for this job now or get in touch with Gareth on 090 6490485.
Please note that due to the expected high volume of applications we can only reply to applicants suitable for the position. In the interest of protecting your data and informing you of your rights we will notify you should we retain your information by issuing an acknowledgement email and a request for consent where not already expressly given.
We Value Your Trust.