What you need to know
Our client, a CRO located in Westmeath, is looking for an Analytical Group Supervisor to lead their Biopharma laboratory. As one of four GMP laboratories on-site, Biopharma is their fastest growing lab and therefore this is a role that has fantastic progression opportunities within the company, due to sustained growth and future expansion plans.
This is a permanent job and the successful candidate will receive a generous financial bonus upon completion of their probationary period.
Your New Job
You will be responsible for providing support and leadership to highly skilled laboratory staff for various projects to be undertaken. You will manage the day to day operations within the lab; such as delivery of staff training, monitoring quality procedures and implementation of quality systems, project timeliness and ensuring client satisfaction.
Although previous experience in a Managerial or Supervisory position is desirable, we will also consider candidates who are currently in a Senior position, with some people development experience and who are ready to step up into a leadership role where you will be managing your own direct reports.
Key duties & responsibilities:
- Provide leadership and subject matter expertise to a team of analysts
- Method validation & analytical testing
- Supervise and review analytical activities
- Manage projects and ensure deadlines are met
- Review analytical data and documentation
- Review data for quality, compliance, methods and SOP’s
- Ensure regulatory guidelines are adhered so the laboratory and its operations are audit ready
What are we looking for?
- 3rd Level Degree in a Science Qualification.
- At least 2-3 years’ experience in a pharmaceutical/analytical laboratory environment.
- Ability to demonstrate capability in leadership and people development
- QC/Analytical R&D project management experience
- Working knowledge of GMP requirements, SOP’s, ICH guidelines and USP requirements
- Knowledge and experience of HPLC, UPLC, Electrophoresis (CE, iCE, SDS-PAGE), ELISA & Spectrophotometry
- Excellent communication and leadership skills will be essential in this role
Apply for this job now or get in touch with Gareth on 090 6490485.
Please note that due to the expected high volume of applications we can only reply to applicants suitable for the position. In the interest of protecting your data and informing you of your rights we will notify you should we retain your information by issuing an acknowledgement email and a request for consent where not already expressly given.