What you need to know
We have a fantastic opportunity for an Thermal Quality Supervisor to take primary responsibility for the on-site Thermal Processing compliance and processing for our Longford based client. You will take responsibility for the compliance to retailer COPs, Standards, BRC and IFS, ensuring the site is consistently audit ready.
This is a permanent job with great development opportunities of the skills needed to progress within the Food industry. In this role you will be receive training and development for:
Continuous improvement; BRC, KPI’s Targeting & Scorecards; Thermal Processing; Tropos Materials Control; HACCP; Food Safety; Internal Auditing training
Your new job
The ideal candidate will be an excellent communicator who has the ability to influence colleagues in placing Quality and Compliance at the forefront of their day to day functions in operations. You will work closely with colleagues and Management within the Quality department to achieve key objectives and develop on-site KPIs. You will participate in LEAN initiatives and projects to ensure all corrective actions are embedded in all areas of the business.
Key duties & responsibilities:
- Thermal Processing pouch and ALU
- Manage end-to-end process for supplier NCRs for all ingredients
- Work closely with the Area manager and supervisors in Plate freezing and ALU
- Member of HACCP team and ensuring compliance within the area
- Temperature distributions after a fault and part of validation
- Leading close out of any non-conformances from BRC or Third-party audits in plate freezing and ALU
- Ensure Sops and procedures for ALU and Plate freezing are in line with BRC/IFS and retailer requirements & COPS (Codes of practice)
What are we looking for?
- Minimum of a third-level qualification in Food Science or Quality Management
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience in a food manufacturing environment
- Experience in the development and management of quality systems in a regulated environment, including process management principles, document control and audits
- Excellent communication skills with ability to provide clear verbal and written instructions
- Excellent interpersonal skills and a desire to drive continuous improvement.
- A willingness to travel to our other sites throughout Europe as and when required.
Apply for this job now or get in touch with Gareth on 090 6490485.
Please note that due to the expected high volume of applications we can only reply to applicants suitable for the position. In the interest of protecting your data and informing you of your rights we will notify you should we retain your information by issuing an acknowledgement email and a request for consent where not already expressly given.
We Value Your Trust.