What you need to know
We are currently seeking an Accountant, for our client, a global investment banking company, in Limerick.
The job will report into the Functional Control Finance Manager. This is a 9 month contract (possibly longer).
Your new job
Key duties & responsibilities:
- Complete the daily/weekly/monthly accounting, reporting and oversight to support the financial accounting and reporting processes;
- Produce monthly reconciliations and ensure all documentation and accounting is completed in line with corporate requirements and policies;
- Produce month end analytics and trend data to assist with the review and validation of financial results;
- Understand the end to end process flow, acting as the link between the front/middle/back office and Finance;
- Investigation of issues affecting financial and regulatory reporting, documentation of issues and concluding on new or improved controls required;
- Work with the Manager to recommend and implement standardised process improvements identified in day to day activities;
- Respond to and resolve queries on a timely basis from the Business, Finance colleagues and Head Office as they arise; and
- Provide technical input to systems and business process projects as required.
What are we looking for?
- Qualified accountant (preferable ACA / ACCA) with at least 2 years in a multi-currency financial services environment (banking background preferred, including FX, Treasury and/or Custody)
- Experienced background in a corporate financial control environment with a sound knowledge of accounting, reporting and financial control requirements
- Experience of US GAAP or IFRS would be an advantage but is not essential
- Advanced level of IT skills notably MS office (Word, Excel, Powerpoint, Visio)
- Self-starter with an ability to self-motivate
- Ability to adapt and react positively in a changing and dynamic work environment
- Flexible approach towards changing work methods, deadlines and variable workloads
We Value Your Trust.