What you need to know
You will work as a 2nd Line IT Technician for our client, a highly successful global-based IT systems integration company in Co. Galway.
You will be responsible for providing IT technical support to clients via phone, email and on-site support as required. You will work alongside other IT Technicians and report to the Team Lead.
This is initially a contract role moving to a permanent position. The team is expanding in Ireland.
Your new job
Key duties & responsibilities:
- Provide level 2 IT technical support to customers.
- Manage requests/ issues via the organisation ticket system.
- Monitor active tickets ensuring efficient & effective action occurs.
- Troubleshooting and problem-solving important aspects of the role.
- Collaborate with team members to resolve client questions.
- Travel to client sites when needed.
- Support customers online – webchat/emails, phone, remote access, and client site visits as required.
- Assist with ad-hoc projects regionally and globally for the organisation.
What are we looking for?
- Information Technologies, qualified IT Specialist or equivalent qualification.
- At least 2-yrs experience in a similar role providing IT support.
- Excellent customer-service skills essential.
- Previous experience working with ticket systems to manage tasks.
- Strong ability to prioritise and work to deadlines.
- Knowledge of logistics and repair (hardware repair).
- Team-player & ability to work on one’s own.
- Excellent communication skills – written & verbal required.
- Strong knowledge & experience of the following:
- Device operations and maintenance of Desktop PCs, Notebooks (specifically Lenovo, HP), Smartphones (iPhone, Windows, Android), Tablets, Monitors IT Support.
- Mac Support.
- Server Hands-on, Server Backup, Demo/Meeting/Training Rooms, Video Conferring, VIP, Beamer, Printer Services.
- PC Imaging & Installation procedures, Provisioning, and Retirement including Reuse, Rent, and Event IT Support.
- Imaging & Installation procedures.
- Network Hands-on, Network Technologies & Administration (AD/DNS/WINS) for WAN/LAN/WLAN.
- Printer Maintenance.
- Good knowledge of current Microsoft, Apple, and Android hardware operating systems.
- Experience with current standard Office applications (Win 8 and Win 10 environment).
Apply for this job now or get in touch with Áine on 090 64 90485.
Please note that due to the expected high volume of applications we can only reply to applicants suitable for the position. In the interest of protecting your data and informing you of your rights we will notify you should we retain your information by issuing an acknowledgment email and a request for consent where not already expressly given.
We Value Your Trust.