Job Details for Transport Supervisor
What you need to know
My client a Construction Engineering company is now recruiting a Transport Supervisor for their expanding business. This is a permanent position based in Co. Westmeath.
The Transport Supervisor will support the Logistics Manager with all aspects of the planning, organising, of the transport and logistics function, on a day to day basis, in a very busy and demanding manufacturing environment.
- Supervisor must plan alongside Logistics Team the weekly roster for Drivers in advance
- Effectively communicate full logistics plan to each of the driving team.
- Review & monitor drivers hours and compliance including downloading of tachograph and become super user of Transtacho & Easytac.
- Ensuring all driving licence are up to date including agreeing their CPC annual training requirement.
- Co-ordinate with drivers on the collections and delivery schedule on a weekly and daily basis.
- Ensuring all vehicles are up to date with MOT and ensuring any vehicles with defects are reported promptly.
- Assist in the organising of equipment to designated projects including hiring of Errors & Omissions Error as necessary – as previously agreed with management.
- Ensure a weekly vehicle check is completed including hired vehicles.
- Diligently monitor decking of vehicles in the UK.
- Working closely with the logistics and loading team, prepare an agreed plan with all to ensure the timely loading and delivery of the product.
- Update Jarvis accordingly with necessary information.
- Responsible for ensuring all extras such as lifters are recorded, delivered and collected as necessary.
- Timely pre-book and plan ferries
- Actively implement pre-despatch checks of all loads and trailers.
- CPC License is essential
- 3-4 years’ experience in transport/planning
- Experience working in a fast paced distribution environment
- Highly organised analytical thinker with good oral and written communication skills
- Must be able to multitask and meet deadlines under pressure
- Transport knowledge – legislation and operational
- Proficient in MS Office Package incl Excel
This is an exciting role with a great company that can offer plenty of opportunity. If you would like to find out more about the role give me a call or email over your cv for to Breda Dooley on 0906490485.