Job Details for Transport Manager
What you need to know
You will work as a Transport Manager for our client, a leading transport and logistics company in Tipperary.
This is a permanent job with a competitive salary package.
Your new job
Key duties & responsibilities:
- Be responsible for the efficient and cost effective operation of the Company transport fleet to include shunting and drivers’ lift truck equipment
- Implement new ways of working for the best practice utilisation of people and resources available to you in order to provide best in class customer satisfaction both internal and external.
- Ensure effective communication throughout the operation, including Customer Care Team regarding delivery issues and team briefings with all Transport employees
- Check and confirm volumes for the week and driver attendance throughout the shift with the Site Managers ensuring duties are allocated and completed.
- Identify and report operational problems to the Site Manager on a regular basis, making recommendations for improvements and working closely with warehouse operations
- Promote robust debrief with no discrepancies and full accountability for any stock issues.
- Satisfy all requirements of the Road Haulage License
- Work with the Company Haulage Licence Holder to ensure that all fleet included in the Company Haulage License is kept in a safe and roadworthy condition, is validly taxed and insured and has a valid certificate of roadworthiness and a transport disc
- Keep up to date list of all Company fleet registered with the Haulage License and inform the Department of Transport, Tourism and Sport about any amendments.
- Lead and motivate all employees by managing and monitoring all employee matters such as attendance, appraisals and corrective action to best practice agreed standards.
- Ensure holiday and resource planning are allocated to maximise cost effectiveness and work efficiency.
- Ensure all incidents are fully investigated, documented and reported to the Insurance Company
- Full resource, holiday, equipment planning, work rostering to maximise efficient use of all resources within agreed budget.
- Actively deal with non-performing employees with evidence of corrective action when required
- Keep accurate live logs of all work activity and employee issues
- Keep live logs of customer demand verses dispatch plan (daily, weekly, monthly)
- Actively deal with the reporting and recording of details on any accidents or incidents involving company equipment and prompt escalation to HR/Depot Manager/Insurance Company if necessary
What are we looking for?
- Good standard of education preferably with a third level qualification or relevant diploma ideally related to logistics, transport or supply chain.
- Management experience, preferably in the Logistics or Transport sector, capable of establishing effective and responsive organisational structures and operational procedures.
- A good working knowledge of RSA regulations and compliance requirements
- A highly self-motivated individual who has a strong commercial awareness and focus.
- Influential and persuasive, with good verbal and written communication skills.
- Experience in the tight control of operating costs and ensuring regulatory compliance.
- Good understanding of the role of Transport Manager and to be strongly committed to staff as well as personal development
- A highly organised, adaptable, flexible, conscientious, mature and self-confident individual of integrity with a calm but focussed personality and ability to work under pressure.
- Willing to travel to the 3 sites (Clonmel, Dublin and Longford) as required and work unsociable hours.
Apply for this job now or get in touch with Sarah O’Donnell on 051-353825
Matrix Recruitment Group is committed to providing a professional service where all CV’s are kept confidential and will not be submitted to any clients without candidate’s knowledge or consent.