Job Details for Trade & Customs Compliance Specialist
What you need to know
We are seeking a Global Trade and Customs Compliance Specialist for our client, a multinational Medical Devices company in Dublin West.
As the Global Trade and Customs Compliance Specialist, you will manage Import / export compliance for the company across all EMEA countries. In this role you will be responsible for ensuring minimal delays in customs clearance, reducing duty costs where possible, following Global Trade Standards and removing barriers to Trade.
Your new job
- Manage Import / export compliance for the company across all EMEA countries
- Provide daily support to business on all compliance operational challenges delaying importation or exportation in the Service Organisation
- Analyse and establish duty spend reporting per country – delve into spend to look for saving opportunities and compliance improvements
- Work with business partners to identify best IOR / EOR partners for new Emerging Countries
- Deliver solutions to transform the Service Trade roadmap so increase visibility into duty spend & issues
- Align Service Organisation with current metrics in place to allow capture of customs clearance SLAs & remove barriers to Trade
- Identification of cost saving opportunities and continuous Trade compliance improvements in the business
- Own end-end trade support to address trade compliance challenges identified
- Ensure all project documentation is written & updated
- Communicating to the relevant stakeholders on a timely basis
- Develop relationships with authorities to ensure compliance where the company is the IOR / EOR
What are we looking for?
- Undergraduate degree and relevant experience
- Minimum of 10 + years’ experience in an import / export Trade compliance role in a similar industry
- Excellent Knowledge of Global HS codes and valuation essential for role to support non EU imports.
- Proficient in use of Excel, PowerPoint, and other Microsoft Office applications.
- Demonstrated trade compliance background in import and / or export operations / project management with trade relevant background will be a must to ensure success in this environment
- Excellent knowledge of logistics and supply chain processes
- Global Trade compliance knowledge would be advantage
Apply for this job now or get in touch with Rena on 01 4690901.
Matrix Recruitment Group is committed to providing a professional service where all CVs are kept confidential and will not be submitted to any clients without candidate’s knowledge or consent.