Job Details for Supplier Manager
What you need to know
Matrix Recruitment is working with a global medical device company in the recruitment of a 3RD Party Supplier Manager. This is a permanent job based in Co. Westmeath.
As the 3RD Party Supplier Manager you will be responsible for the operational management of contract manufacturing partner(s) & finished goods suppliers to ensure product availability.
Salary: €60k+ benefits
- Ensure product availability from manufacturing partners to meet the company business need.
- Manage & partner with suppliers to develop business relationships that deliver effective operational control to agreed service levels.
- Manages and negotiates contractual terms as necessary with suppliers to assure long term stability of supply and cost effectiveness
- Plan, support and implement projects with suppliers to drive effective supply, cost control and timeline compliance.
- Liaise with suppliers to ensure stability of the supply chain, develop & implement risk management processes to ensure no risk of supply.
- Responsible for negotiating and establishing contractual terms.
- Manage supplier pricing reviews and COGS reduction projects to drive reduced Total Cost of Ownership.
- Works with suppliers to reduce lead times and increase overall supply chain agility.
- Support strategic projects including RFP/RFQ process for new and existing business programs with 3rd party suppliers.
- Ensure suppliers achieve 98.5% weekly product availability through ongoing management of the supply base, risk assessments, contracts, and periodic business reviews with suppliers.
- Engage & develop continuous supply chain improvement practices to support the continued focus on delivering improved value and service levels.
- Establish supplier benchmarking processes & contributes to business reviews to drive and improve supplier performance.
- Engage with Manufacturing, Engineering, Quality, Finance, Franchise team, Regulatory, etc. to ensure timely delivery of business projects.
- Follow strict adherence to the requirements of cGMP.
- Actively contribute to the enhancement of compliance initiatives for areas of responsibility.
- Bachelor Degree in Business, Procurement, Supply Chain Management or related discipline. A minimum 7 years experience in a 3rd party supply chain management environment.
- Demonstrated experience in managing & developing supplier relationships including contract negotiation.
- High understanding of Compliance requirements and Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP) including validation requirements and Regulatory expectations.
- Working knowledge of Quality Systems within a regulated environment.
- Competent user of MS Office tools Access, Excel, Project, Word, Powerpoint. Experience with Oracle ERP /ASCP system or similar database system and Business Objects software program
- Excellent interpersonal & communication skills. Strong leadership, decision-making & problem solving skills.
Interested candidates should contact Breda Dooley on 09064 90485 or email your CV in confidence where it will be given immediate attention.
Matrix Recruitment Group is committed to providing a professional service where all CV’s are kept confidential and will not be submitted to any clients without candidate’s knowledge or consent.