Job Details for Software Engineer (Java)
What you need to know
Matrix Recruitment are recruiting Software Engineer (Java) for our IT Services and Technology Solutions client based in Co. Westmeath
Your new job
You will be developing, testing and mentoring within an Engineering Scrum Team in an innovative Telecom project. You will be working with the latest technologies in the market including Enterprise Java, EJB, Big Data, Analytics etc.
What we are looking for
- A 3rd level degree in Computer Science / IT
- Very strong knowledge of Java and Web Services including REST
- Object oriented analysis, design experience
- Excellent English and Communication skills essential
- Interface with customers and stakeholders and mitigate risks
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills
- Ability to work on own initiative and mentor scrum teams
- 5+ years’ experience with Java/J2EE Development is essential
- Experience working with Junit, JMeter, Maven, ANT, GIT, SVN, BitBucket, Jenkins etc.
- Experience working in an Agile environment with Engineering scrum teams is an added advantage
- Java Certification such as OCA/OCP/OCM is an added advantage
- Expected to complete tasks by coordinating requirements, schedules, and activities; contributing to team meetings; troubleshooting development and production problems across multiple environments and operating platforms
- Ability to prioritise and multi-task in order to meet deadlines
- Resolves technical issues through debugging, research and investigation
- Fundamental understanding of web-based systems programming and development
If you are interested in discussing this role apply now or get in touch with Sorcha@matrixrecruitment.ie for more information.
Matrix Recruitment Group is committed to providing a professional service where all CV’s are kept confidential and will not be submitted to any clients without candidate’s knowledge or consent.