Job Details for Snr Performance Fee Consultant
What you need to know
You will work as a Senior Performance Fee Consultant for our client, an Investment Bank company in Dublin. Our client is one of the world’s leading financial institutions. This is a great opportunity to become part of the team.
The Group’s principal role is to oversee the control and governance processes in place in relation to performance fees.
This is a 7-month contract.
Your new job
Key duties & responsibilities:
- Doing cold review of performance fee calculations to ensure the calculations are in accordance with fund legal documentation and client expectations
- Reviewing Performance fee period end calculations and the subsequent period end rollovers
- Assist with the oversight of the controls of performance fees due for sign off
- Working with the Sales and New Business Teams with regard to the take on of any new business with performance fees
- For existing clients, work with the Relationship and Fund Accounting/Transfer Agency teams in relation to any new or proposed changes to performance fees
- Assist with the overseeing of the development of business knowledge and capability in relation to performance fees including training and training material
- Assist with the maintenance of procedural documentation in line with best practice and bring standardisation where possible, with particular emphasis on detailed controls and procedures in relation to review of performance fees calculations at period end
- Assist with any work the Group will do with Audit and the Fund Accounting teams to deliver on any audit findings in relation to performance fees
- Assist with the Group’s work with local management teams in overseeing the transition and planned migration of fund’s and client performance fee calculations onto automated solutions
- Assist with the Group’s work with Global Product and Strategy to promote the continual development and enhancement of automated solutions for performance fees
What are we looking for?
- Must have a detailed knowledge of the different types of performances fees used by Funds
- Must have strong experience in the investment industry preferably fund accounting acquired through working in the fund administration, asset management or securities operations industry or audit industry
- Proven track record in a technical role in a Funds Administration or Investment Management Company
- Demonstrates leadership qualities and ability to motivate a virtual team.
- Strong communication, first class presentation and internal and external client-servicing skills
- Evidence of successful negotiation skills
- Strongly preferred to have experience with Microsoft excel
- Understanding of how Fund Accounting systems link and interface to other systems and an appreciation of how to implement such interfaces e.g. Transfer Agency systems
- Experience of representing businesses to current clients via presentations etc.
- Instil a client service culture among staff and ensure that all clients receive a quality service
- A collaborative approach to dealing with management at various levels across locations in the organisation
- Experience in delegating responsibility to same whilst maintaining control
- Ability to work in a virtual team environment
- Experience of designing and implementing training plans and process enhancements for great scalability and efficiency while minimising risk
- Relevant Professional Qualifications
- Managerial & PC skills training
- Detailed Knowledge of Enterprise or other related Fund Accounting Applications and how performance fees are administered
Apply for this job now or get in touch with Sarah Meagher on 051 353825.
Matrix Recruitment are acting as the Employment Agency and Pay Master for this position.
Matrix Recruitment Group is committed to providing a professional service where all CV’s are kept confidential and will not be submitted to any clients without candidate’s knowledge or consent.