Job Details for Senior Software Engineer – Data Streaming
What you need to know
Matrix Recruitment are recruiting a Senior Software Engineer – Data Streaming for our IT Services and Technology Solutions client based in Co. Westmeath
Your new job
You will be developing, testing and mentoring within an Engineering Scrum Team in an innovative Telecom project. You will be working with the latest technologies in the market including Enterprise Java, EJB, Big Data, Analytics etc. including (and not limited to) distributed streaming and large scale data processing platforms such as Apache Kafka and Apache Spark.
What we are looking for
- A 3rd level degree in Computer Science / IT
- Very strong knowledge of Java and Web Services including REST
- Object oriented analysis, design experience
- Excellent English and Communication skills essential
- Interface with customers and stakeholders and mitigate risks
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills
- Ability to work on own initiative and mentor scrum teams
- 8+ years’ overall experience in software development using Java/J2EE
- Experience working with Junit, JMeter, Maven, ANT, GIT, SVN, BitBucket, Jenkins etc.
- Experience working in an Agile environment with Engineering scrum teams is an added advantage
- Java/JEE Certification such as OCA/OCP/OCM is an added advantage
- Understanding of big data engine ecosystem and hands-on experience in building real-time data pipelines and streaming apps
- Experience in processing massive amounts of streaming events (filter, aggregate, rule, automate, predict, act, monitor, alert)
- Experience in distributed streaming platforms and batch processing systems
- Experience working with Shell Scripts and Python
- Hands-on experience in distributed streaming platforms using Apache Kafka
- Hands-on experience in large scale data processing using Apache Spark
- Experience with Docker, Vagrant, Mesos, Aurora, Zookeeper – in general application deployment, management, scheduling and execution in cloud
- Experience with cloud infrastructures (hands-on) – AWS, Cloud Foundry, Open Stack etc.
- Completes applications development by coordinating requirements, schedules, and activities; contributing to team meetings; troubleshooting development and production problems across multiple environments and operating platforms
- Proficient with APIs and service oriented architectures
- Object oriented analysis and design using common design patterns
Candidates should have work rights in Ireland (either Irish/EU or S
If you are interested in discussing this role apply now or get in touch with Sorcha@matrixrecruitment.ie for more information.