Job Details for Senior Industrial Designer
What you need to know
Matrix Recruitment Group is currently seeking to recruit an experienced Senior Industrial Designer for our client based in Galway
This is a permanent position with a leading medical devices company and you will report to the Head of Design & Engineering Services. You will have responsibility for developing new products.
Excellent Salary and package available for the right candidate
Your new job
- Work closely with customer in design and development of product solutions.
- Working closely with the Design/Engineering/Sales & Marketing/Finance team and the wider management group to deliver strategic objectives of the business.
- Plan, budget, track and execute product development projects from handover to engineering.
- Co-ordinate and participate in all research phases from original design to completion.
- Successfully resolving product aesthetics, usability, function and manufacturability
- Liaising with manufacturing function to ensure manufacturability of products and resolve design issues as they arise in all relevant phases
- Cultivate a strong team ethos in the design department and maintain healthy working relationships with other functions.
- A senior member of the team you will act as a subject matter expert and mentor to your peers.
What are we looking for?
- Degree/Masters Qualified in Medical Device Design/Product Design.
- 3-5 years’ relevant experience in an Industrial/Product Design role.
- Strong product development experience within a medical device environment.
- Leadership experience within product development projects.
- Strong business acumen, driving sales, performance and creativity.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills and ability to work in a high-pressure environment. Experience working with clients is preferable.
Apply now or get in touch with Matrix on 09064 90485 for more information.
Matrix Recruitment Group is committed to providing a professional service where all CV`s are kept confidential and will not be submitted to any clients without candidate’s knowledge or consent.