Job Details for Senior Financial Accountant
What you need to know
You will work as a Senior Financial Accountant for our client based in Citywest.
As Senior Financial Accountant, you will be responsible for key financial processes within the organisation. Emphasis will be on the monthly close process, ensuring timely and accurate submissions to Head office. In addition, you will have responsibility for key SOX controls, the emphasis will be on establishing and maintaining tight controls within the areas of responsibility.
This position will suit someone with the initiative and drive to work in a fast-paced, ever-changing environment. Excellent communication skills and an ability to work well within a small team are essential.
This is a 12 month contract role with a salary of circa 65k depending on experience.
Your new job
Key duties & responsibilities:
- Full Profit & loss and balance sheet responsibility
- Ensuring SOX controls are maintained over these areas
- Balance Sheet Reconciliations are completed
- Preparation and reporting of Monthly results to Head office abroad
- Preparation of monthly reports for local management
- Liaising with local SSC team on relevant issues
- Liaise with finance, supply chain, legal and quality teams in Ireland as well as teams overseas
- Other ad-hoc duties as requested
What are we looking for?
- Qualified Accountant
- Good working knowledge of accounting software packages required – Peoplesoft, SAP, HFM
- Advanced Excel skills
- Ability to balance different stakeholder needs and to find a positive solution
- Ability to build and leverage mutually beneficial relationships and networks
- Ability to contribute to the development of the Finance team operating with other team members in different locations
- Ability to adapt influencing style to suit the business situation
- Maintain quality of financial reporting with a right-first-time approach
- Encourage a broad understanding of financial processes, reports and analysis by those both external and internal to the finance function
- Enthusiasm for adopting change in a complex organization
- Anticipate and drive change to ensure continuing and cost effective business processes
- Ensure continuous contact with the business to ensure process flows are adapted/changed where appropriate
- Seeks out opportunities to develop personal skills and experience
Apply for this job now or get in touch with Rena on 01 4690901.
Matrix Recruitment Group is committed to providing a professional service where all CVs are kept confidential and will not be submitted to any clients without candidate’s knowledge or consent.