Job Details for Senior Equipment Controls Engineer
What you need to know
Matrix Recruitment are looking to recruit a Senior Equipment Controls Engineer for their Medical Devices client in Galway
This is a permanent opportunity with excellent opportunities for career progression. You will work in the Manufacturing Engineering Department and have direct responsibility for maintaining and improving the manufacturing process equipment.
Excellent salary and attractive benefits package available.
Your new job
- Provide technical expertise and leadership in area of process and equipment development
- Support and programming for PLC’s, motion control and PC controlled equipment
- Develop the most effective processing methods for operations
- Develop the structure and skillset for junior engineers supporting the manufacturing processes
- Build contacts with external vendors and representatives to keep up to date with technological developments and NPI’s in the controls and electrical field
- Monitor and evaluate safety practices and ensure compliance
- Coordinate the introduction of new technologies and equipment to the manufacturing operation
- Provide system support in the areas of PM’s, engineering spares, maintenance training programs and calibration systems
- Participate in PDP Projects and Product Transfer products
What are we looking for?
- BEng in Engineering/Science or equivalent
- 4-5 years’ experience in software ideally within a medical devices environment
- knowledge and experience in Object oriented programming, VB.Net, VB 6, PLC, C++, Lab View programming or Manufacturing Execution Systems (MES) software testing, version and change management software.
- Experience in a regulated environment with 21CFR Part 11
- Experience in 3D modelling (Solidworks, AutoCAD or Pro E), C#, SQL Server, SQL Server Reporting Services, java and database design
- Knowledge and experience in some or all of the following: Allen Bradley/Siemens/Omron/Parker PLC programming and integration, servo controllers, vision system integration, motion applications, HMI product, robotics.
Ability to work on multiple projects simultaneously
- Excellent communication and problem-solving skills
Apply for this job now or get in touch with Niall on 09064 90485.
Matrix Recruitment Group is committed to providing a professional service where all CV’s are kept confidential and will not be submitted to any clients without candidate’s knowledge or consent.